Was wanted to follow a recipe from a friend, however, i decided to amend a little and there to become my own taste, so here i have my Malaysia style Onion Spicy Shrimp. Today’s dinner is a little bit heavy as i use cooking oil to fry the shrimp. But if you can try using an oven bake or Air Fryer to fry the shrimp to make it healthier, which is using much much lesser oil!
Big Shrimp * 7-8 pcs (in USA we only have the shrimp without the head, so if you have to clean the shrimp, you have to remove the head and clean the shrimps with give it a slice at the back to remove the dirts with the toothpicks, i guess this is the easiest way! )
Corn Starch * 3-4 tbsp
Sesame Seeds * little bit (toast it)
green scallion * little bit (for decoration)
Tomato * 4 slices (for decoration)
black pepper * little bit
Blended the following:
Onion * 3/4 pc
Chilies * 2-3 pcs
Crushed Red pepper * 1 tsp
Cooking wine * 1 tbsp
Salt * 1 tsp
water * 1 tbsp
preparation : marinated the shrimp in the seasoning paste for 15 minutes
How to cook:
- Heat the wok with cooking oil
- Dip the shrimp in the corn starch and start frying it at the wok (depends the size of the shrimp, basically it takes only 2-3 minutes to cook)
- Heat up a new frying pan, pour in the rest of the marinated paste into it and cook it for 2-3 minutes (you don’t have to add in any oil at this stage). It will become a thicker gravy at the end of the cooking
- Pour the gravy on top of the shrimps
- Sprinkle the green scallion and sesame seeds on top and finally with some black pepper.
- Ready to served!
Photos of the ingredients as shown below:
Crushed Red pepper