Char Siew is the way of Hong Kong cooking style that basically involved in Roasted and BBQ with unique sweet gravy. Most of the time, it is cooked with pork, however, since i have chicken at home, i will do it in my way 🙂 As result it turns out tender and crispy at the side~
Chicken Thighs * 4 pcs (boneless and i removed the skin too)
Honey * 1 tbsp
Ginger * 1 tbsp (blended it into juice)
cooking wine * 2 tbsp
Light soy sauce * 1 tbsp
LKK char siew sauce * 3 tbsp
dark soy sauce * 1 tbsp
LKK Five spice marinated sauce * 1 tsp
How to cook:
- Marinated the chicken for 24 hours (minimum one night) in the fridge
- Pre heat oven at 350c for 15 minutes
- Using the Broil function start cooking one side of the chicken @ 350c for 15-20 minutes then turn the other side with the same timing.
- Brush the chicken with one thin layer of honey and oven it again for 8-10 minutes and same goes to the other side
- Until you can see the edge of chicken started to caramelize then it is ready to serve!
- Cut the chicken into slices and dinner is ready !!
Photos of the ingredients as shown below:
Light soy sauce
LKK char siew sauce
dark soy sauce
LKK Five Spice marinated sauce