Lemongrass and Turmeric are our home all time favorite spices. It is full with Asian fragrance and eventually both spices are considered as herb medication for most Asian family. If you have stomach upset or digestion problem, you can actually drink lemongrass water to reduce it. While turmeric is believe in its power of anti cancer or rejuvenate your cells, it is a natural remedy for better skin.
I love using both these spice as most of my dishes will come with little spicy kicks, hence, it both matched the taste all the time. Today again, i am cooking with turmeric and lemongrass water. I always have a spare of lemongrass water to keep in my freezer, so i can use it whenever i need. Just boil it at a bigger pot and use a container to keep it freezer, it can last about 1 week.
Pork tenderloin * 150g (cut into slices)
Red Pepper bell * 1/2 pc (cut into slices)
Garlic oil * 1/2 tsp
Red Shallot Oil * 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder * 1/2 tsp
Light Soy Sauce * 1/2 tsp
Lemongrass water * 3 tbsp
Chili * 1 pc (cut into slice)
Green Scallion * decoration
How to cook:
- Marinated the pork with all the seasoning (turmeric powder/light soy sauce/ lemongrass water) for at least 4 hours
- Heat up the wok and add in garlic oil and red shallot oil, if you do not have these oil, just use corn oil to substitute it. I made these oil by myself.
- Add in the chili and stir fry until fragrance.
- Add in the pork, stir fry until the surface of the pork turns white, then add in the red pepper bell and mix with it .
- Continue cook for about 1-2 minutes until the pork are well cooked.
- Sprinkle the green scallion on top and bon appetite!