It is sort of heavy flavor tonight, i am craving for Malaysia food again.. lol. This is the signature dish of every Malaysia family a very basic dish but it is so yummy and fragrance… I know this is not those healthy dish compare to what i’ve cook along, however i did some here and there adjustment to make it tag along my principle.
For Curry Rendang Chicken:
Malaysia Curry Rendang Paste * 1/2 pack
Onion * 1/4 pcs (slices)
Lemongrass * 1 Stalk (cut to 2 inches length)
Curry Leaf * 7-8 pcs
Oil * 1/2 tsp
Chicken * 600g (i use 1 pc of chicken breast and 3 pcs of thighs)
Water * 100ml
Coconut Milk * 40ml
Potato * 1/2pc (i use the big giant USA potato, if you use Holland potato, it is about 3 pcs) – cut to cubes
Garlic * 2 cloves (chop finely)
Dried Coconut Shredded flakes * 1 tbsp (toasted in microwave for 30 sec/ frying with pan for 1-2 minutes)
For the rice:
*** I have substituted half of the glutinous with white rice while in Malaysia they are using just glutinous rice itself. For myself, i cannot eat too much glutinous rice as it will make my stomach bloated and hard to digestion. So here comes the combination.
Asian White rice * 1 cup
Glutinous rice * 1 cup
Turmeric powder * 1 tsp
Salt * 1/2 tsp
Water * 2 1/2 cups
How to cook:
- Wash the rice and add in the water, turmeric powder and salt into the rice cooker and start cooking.
- Prepare a pot with boiling water, boil the chicken for 1 minute to cleanse the blood.
- Take out the chicken, drained and set a side.
- Heat up a wok with oil & curry rendang paste, add in onion and lemongrass, stir fry until fragrance.
- Add in the chicken mix with the paste, stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, boil for 3 minutes and add in the water.
- Let the chicken keeps boiling and add in the potato cubes to cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the water starting to dry up, add in the coconut shredded flakes and curry leaf and mix well with all the ingredients.
- Start eating!!! oh i add some greens at the side, this is a simple stir fry vegetable with garlic, you can replace it with any greens or salad.