For the very first time i baked cookies, i am always not a big fan of cookies, as i felt it is so dry and hard texture, cookies never be my snack for tea time. However, hubby told me there is another type of soft cookies that i should try. I wonder how the soft cookies taste like so.. here are the first batch. It is soften & moist inside but outside is crunchy. I can definitely accept this and my version i have reduce the amount of sugar. It is not too sweet and chocolate chips have helped improved the sweet taste.
Butter * 50g – room temperature
Egg * 1/2 pcs (beaten lightly) – room temperature
Sugar * 40g
Pure vanilla extract * 1/2 tsp
Rice Milk * 15g
Cake Flour * 1 cup
Salt * a pinch
Baking Powder * 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda * 1/4 tsp
Almost Flakes * 10g
Dark Chocolate Chips * 15g
- Mix the ingredient Set A and use the machine to beat lightly until the sugar dissolved well in the mixture. (add the egg bit by bit while beating the butter and sugar)
- Add in the ingredient Set B and mix well with Set A.
- Sifted the Ingredient Set C before adding into the ingredient A & B, Mix well until there is a smooth and soft dough, it will not stick to your hand but it is soft enough to do it’s shape.
- Fold in the Ingredient Set D.
- Separated the dough into 16 portions and make it into a ball shape.
- Prepare the baking sheets and preheat the oven at 340F for 20 minutes
- Arrange the dough balls on the baking pan, and i give little press on the ball to make it flatten a little.
- Start baking at 340F for 17 minutes. (A quick edit for the timing, the cookies turn too soft after a night storage, so i have re-baked it for another 10 minutes this morning)
- Start enjoying your tea snack now!