Finally, there was a not so busy Sunday, I have a little time slot of making these tiny pork meatballs. Sweet and sour sauce with tomato are always easy to use with pork, chicken, fish and even vegetarian dish eg Tofu.
Since i seldom make pork dish recently, i guess it is time to make some meatballs to refresh our taste buds.
In this recipe, i do not use any single drops of vinegar, but i used the key lime as the substitution, which is the natural lime fragrance on my sauce.
Mince Pork * 250g
Potato * 1/2 pcs (cut into cubes)
Tomato *1 pcs (cut into cubes)
Orange Pepper Bell * 1/2 pcs (cut into cubes)
Onion * 1/2 pcs (slice it)
Garlic * 2 cloves (chop finely)
Seasoning for sauce :
Tomato paste * 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce * 2 tbsp
Sugar * 1/2 tbsp
Key Lime Juice * 1 tbsp (2 pcs)
Light Soy Sauce * 1/2 tbsp
Water * about 3/4 cups (or covered the potatoes)
Seasoning for marinated pork: (marinated for 3 hours minimum)
Black Pepper * 1/2 tbsp
light soy sauce * 1 tbsp
corn starch * 1/2 tbsp
How to cook:
- Heat up the pan and deep frying the meatballs. (i made the meatballs with diameter of 2cm). Set aside waiting for next step
- Heat up the pan with oil and garlic, fried until fragrance, add in tomato and onion. Fried until fragrance and soften.
- Add in the potato and add the water & Sauce. Let it simmer until the potato is softened.
- Add in the meatballs and mix well with the sauce. Continue to cook until the sauce thickens up.
- Add in the orange pepper bell stir fry for 1 minute
- Ready to serve!