Have many lemons in the fridge to clear, so i decided to make the lemon chicken chop for a change!
without fancy decoration but the taste is amazingly surprised me.
Chicken thighs * 2 pcs (skinless for healthier way)
Lemon * 1 pc (1/2 pc for juice, 1/2 pc cut into slices)
onion * 1/2 pc
brown sugar * 1 tbsp
water * 4 tbsp
light soy sauce * 1 tbsp
lemon juice * squeeze the 1/2 pc of lemon
black pepper * little bit
corn starch * 1 tsp
removed the bones and skins from the chicken thighs and marinated it in the seasoning for 3-4 hours
How to cook:
- Fry the chicken in the non stick pan until brownish color and set aside (cut into slices)
- Heat up the wok, fry the onion until it is caramelize and add in the brown sugar with water
- Add in the lemon slices and make it boil for 2 mins
- Add the gravy on top of the chicken
- Sprinkle some green scallions and served!
Photos of the ingredients are shown below :
light soy sauce