Recently i have been looking for a new cookware to make my dishes look more interesting, perhaps look like those prepared from restaurant dining. Anyway, i added this new tools into my kitchen — Cast Iron Skillet, to create those grill marks effect on the steak, wings and pork chops. However, it requires a bit of knowledge on how to seasoning the cast iron on the first time and every time after cooking. According to the reading, cast iron skillet is recognized as the safest cookware compare to those coating with non-stick layers. The life span could be last forever if the seasoning process is done correctly.
I found some good price chicken wings on store, so, this is the time i do some grill wings. However, i just use the cast iron skillet for grill marks and i let the oven complete the whole cooking. For health concerned, i just trying not to let the wings over burn on the cast iron skillet.
Chicken Wings – 12 pcs
Turmeric Powder – 2 1/2 tbsp
Light Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
Pink Salt – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1 tbsp
Cayenne Pepper – 2 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
Sesame seeds – decoration
Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Marinated the chicken wings with turmeric powder, light soy sauce, pink salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper for 3-4 hours
- Heat up the cast iron skillet and coconut oil at medium heat
- Arrange the chicken wings on the cast iron skillet and start grilling, each side for 3 minutes or until the chicken wings with visible grill marks.
- Turn to the other side, do the same steps on the chicken wings
- At the meantime, start to pre-heat the oven
- Arrange the chicken wings on the baking tray and on top of the silicone roasting rack and apply a layer of honey on the wings with a brush.
- Start baking in the oven
- Bake the chicken wings in oven at 400F for 30 minutes and turn to another side, brush the honey coating on wings and bake another 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds for decoration.
- Ready to eat!