This is a very authentic food from Malaysia, you can get fried vermicelli from the economical street hawker and expensive restaurants. Most of the people will eat fried vermicelli for breakfast, even lunch. It is simple, delicious and easy access. Normally it is stir fry with either pork, chicken or seafood depends whichever ingredients are ready. Bean sprouts are the main partner with vermicelli to add in the crunchiness for the entire dish. Sometimes, we add in Chinese Bok Choy when the bean sprouts are out. Sambal or spicy chili adds in the important taste to shine up the fried vermicelli. You can do your own sambal or buy it from grocery store, even in America, there are ready packed sambal too.
Homestyle Sambal Fried Vermicelli with Seafood
Vermicelli – 125g (for 2 person) – soak in hot water for 10 minutes
Bean sprouts – 200g
Shrimps – 10 pcs
Frozen clams meat – 50g
Sambal/ Spicy chili paste – 1/2 tbsp
Light soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tbsp
Sesame oil – 1/2 tbsp
Avocado Oil – 2 1/2 tbsp
Garlic – 2 cloves (dice it)
Eggs – 3 pcs (Beat lightly)
How to make Homestyle Sambal Fried Vermicelli with Seafood
- Heat up the cast iron with avocado oil and sesame oil
- Pan fried shrimps and clams meat. Set aside.
- Back to the cast iron, add in the garlic, stir fry until fragrance
- Add in the eggs, stir fry it like making omelette.
- Add in the vermicelli, add in all the sauces (Sambal, light soy sauce) and black pepper, stir fry evenly
- Add in the bean sprouts, turn to higher heat and quick stir fry to mix well with the vermicelli
- Add in the shrimps and clams meat.
- Bon Appetit!