Kaya can be eaten as a Jam with bread or toast. It can be used as the ingredients in pastry too. Today i use it at the simple pastry, pancake, with simple ingredients, you also can enjoy the fun of baking! You do not require a mixer, oven or any special flour from the bakery material shop. This pancake only takes about 20-30 minutes to complete! And this is one of my hubby’s favorite snack!
All purpose Flour * 250g
Baking powder * 4g
cooking oil * 3 tsp
sesame seeds * 1 tsp (toasted)
Water * 200g
Soy milk * 200g (you can replace it with milk/ almond milk)
Brown sugar * 2 tsp
Kaya Jam – use to spread on the pancake (recipe: click here)
How to make:
- Mix in all the ingredients and whisk it until smooth
- Heat up the wok and take a scoop of the mixing ingredients (about 4-5 tbsp) and spread it evenly thin in the wok. (Use non stick wok and there is no oil required for this step)
- Pan fry the both side of the pan cake until it is lightly golden brown color and remove from the wok
- Apply the kaya spread on one side of the pancake
- Folding the pancake to half and another half to make it look like pizza shape
Due to kaya Jam is very sweet, so i didnt add in any sugar onto the mixing. However, some people may just eat this pancake without the Jam, 50-80g of sugar can be added while mixed in the ingredients.