Ever since i moved to this city, this is one of the dish i usually craving about. The Goh Hiang gravy sauce can be used to stew mostly everything from tofu, eggs, chicken feet, drumstick and pork. Goh Hiang seasoning is inclusive of ground pepper, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, cumin seeds, ginger, cardamom, licorice, pepper, orange peel, etc which give the fragrance of the dish to maximum!
This is traditional dish where Hokkien (Fu-Jian) heritage food where my mom will cook it during big festival. I missed my mom’s cooking!
Chicken drumsticks * 3 pcs
Tofu (firm) * 2 pcs
Dried Bean Curd * few sticks
Dried Mushroom * 3-4 pcs (cut into half)
Green Scallions * few (cut it into 1 inch length)
Ginger * 2 slices
Garlic * 5-6 cloves
chili * 1 pc (dice it)
LKK selected Five Spice Marinated * 100ml
Water * 200ml
Soy Sauce * little bit
Brown sugar * 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper seeds * 10-15 pcs (smash it)
White Pepper seeds * 5-8 pcs (smash it)
Dark soy sauce * little bit
- Boiled the chicken drumstick in the hot water to clear away the bloods and dirt.
- Cut the toufu into cubes and fried it using a non stick pan until both sides are colored little brownish
- Soak the dried bean curd in the cold water until it is soften and set aside
- Soak the dried mushroom in the hot water until it is soften and set aside. Then keep the mushroom water for later usage.
How to cook:
- Prepare a claypot to fry the spices eg ginger, green scallions and chili with little cooking oil for 2-3 mins
- Add the seasoning into the claypot and let it cook till boiled
- Add all the ready ingredients (chicken drumstick, toufu, bean curd and mushroom) into the seasoning soup and make sure the soup is covered up all the ingredients. (Add water if you need more)
- Continue boiling it for 15-20 mins then check the chicken drumstick to flip it to another side to prevent stick on the pot.
- Cook for another 15 mins then it is ready to serve.
Photos of each ingredients:
Dried Bean Curd
LKK selected Five Spice Marinated
Black Pepper seeds
White Pepper seeds
Dark soy sauce