I miss home, and the simple butter cake brings me the feeling of being home, so, i bake!
Been looking around for many bakery shop where i find all the butter cakes are too oily and dry so i have this amended recipe to make it super moist!
Butter (unsalted) * 250g
Cake Flour * 200g
All Purpose Flour * 47g
Baking Powder * 3g or 3 3/4 tsp
Remarks: these 3 powder must add up to 250g
Egg * 4 pcs
Sugar * 180g
Milo Powder * 15g
Fresh milk * 2/3 cup
How to bake:
- Let the butter sit under room temperature till soften
- Divide the sugar into 3 portions and add in accordingly to the butter and whisk it with mixer at low speed. It takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and whisk it till smooth, then follow by the second egg.
- Add the fresh milk slowly into the batter and whisk it with high speed until it is smooth.
- Sift in the flour (cake flour, normal flour and baking powder) and fold into the batter.
- Mix the Milo powder with 1 tbsp fresh milk and set aside (Ingredient B)
- Separate the batter into 2 portions, one portion fold in the Ingredient B, and another remain as Ingredient A
- Prepare the 6″ x 6″ mold, use the parch paper layer to prevent sticking during baking.
- Preheat the oven at 350F for 10 minutes.
- To make zebra stripes design, start pour in Ingredient A into the center of the mold follow by Ingredient B on top of the ingredient A in the center.Repeat the process until fill in 80% of the mold.
- Remember to tap the pan before baking, this is the remove the air bubbles that trap inside the cake. Getting out the air bubbles ensures your cake won’t fall and rise perfectly.
- Start baking the cake at 325F for 65 minutes. (you have to adjust accordingly as each oven has slight different heat)
- Ready to serve! Hope you love my cake!!!
However, the zebra stripes are not too obvious as the color of Milo powder is not as dark as Cocoa powder. So if you want clearer color, it is your preference to use dark chocolate powder or other cocoa powder to substitute it.
Fresh out from oven, it looks like this … super yum!
The packaging of Milo, this is a Malaysia made product, taste like chocolates but more fragrance.