Baking E-books for Beginners/ Starters
With the demise of home economics in the school system, many adults have no baking experience at all, relying on dreary store-bought baked goods and artificial mixes to satisfy their cravings. Baking Basics and Beyond allows even absolute novices to prepare a wide array of delicious, healthy breads, cakes, cookies, pies, and more. In a warm, reassuring manner, Pat Sinclair leads beginning bakers step-by-step through each recipe, thoroughly explaining each technique and direction. After learning a basic technique, additional recipes provide further practice and more elaborate results. This second edition contains more than 100 recipes, from old favorites like icebox cookies, cornbread, and brownies to updated classics, including Butterscotch Cashew Blondies, Chai Latte Custards, and Savory Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding. Throughout, explanations and precise tips, based on Sinclair’s years of baking experience, make readers feel as though there is a friendly teacher in the kitchen, peering over their shoulders, and guiding them toward perfect results, every time.
This guide goes beyond other cookbooks for beginners, including:
- Baker’s dozen―The baker’s dozen tips include advice on best kitchen practices and need-to-know baking lingo unseen in other cookbooks for beginners.
- On the rise―Unlike other cookbooks for beginners, a user-friendly tutorial section will help you master the basics with confidence.
- Joy of baking―With dozens of scrumptious sweet and savory goodies, you won’t need other cookbooks for beginners.
The latest and most comprehensive baking book yet from best-selling author and “diva of desserts” Rose Levy Beranbaum and winner of the 2015 IACP Cookbook Award for Baking
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • From Portland’s most acclaimed and beloved baker comes this must-have baking guide, featuring recipes for world-class breads and pizzas and a variety of schedules suited for the home baker.
There are few things more satisfying than biting into a freshly made, crispy-on-the-outside, soft-and-supple-on-the-inside slice of perfectly baked bread. For Portland-based baker Ken Forkish, well-made bread is more than just a pleasure—it is a passion that has led him to create some of the best and most critically lauded breads and pizzas in the country.
In Flour Water Salt Yeast, Forkish translates his obsessively honed craft into scores of recipes for rustic boules and Neapolitan-style pizzas, all suited for the home baker. Forkish developed and tested all of the recipes in his home oven, and his impeccable formulas and clear instructions result in top-quality artisan breads and pizzas that stand up against those sold in the best bakeries anywhere.
The ultimate baking book for everyone from best-selling author and “diva of desserts” Rose Levy Beranbaum
In this book of no-fuss recipes everyone should know, trusted baking expert Rose Levy Beranbaum guides you through every recipe for can’t-fail results—with a streamlined, simplified approach and more than 600 mouthwatering and instructive photos.
Become a pastry aficionado with this all-in-one pastry cookbook
Baking beautifully golden, buttery pastries from scratch may seem intimidating―but all it takes is a tasty recipe and some trustworthy guidance. This pastry cookbook is for the home baker who wants to up their baking skills with picture-perfect pastries.
More than just a kids cookbook, Kid Chef Bakes contains:
- Tips for Prep and Set-up with the right tools, equipment, and pantry essentials, including essential safety tips on how to use the oven and stove.
- Hands-on Lessons with tutorials for developing basic cooking skills like measuring liquids vs. solids and separating eggs.
- Over 75 Recipes with guidance to hone skills while making delicious treats that the whole family will enjoy.
- More than 65 Photos with how-to shots for instruction makes this a go-to guide and kids cookbook.
75 sweet treats from Tasty to inspire, delight, and satisfy any level of home baker
Ready to rise from baking newbie to MVP? Tasty Dessert gives you the lowdown on baking basics, from building a fuss-free pantry to mastering easy-as-pie twists on old favorites. You’ll stuff, layer, frost, and meringue your way to the cherry on top of pretty much every meal. If Confetti Birthday Soufflé, No-Bake 16-Layer S’mores Cake, and Sour Cherry Fritters don’t float your boat (are you feeling ok?), here are 75 recipes for any hankering, mood, or occasion, whether you’re jonesing for a sugar adventure with friends or having a late-night dessert emergency. Just don’t forget to save a piece of it for yourself.
The Baking Cookbook for Teens includes:
- An overview of baking that explains fundamental baking concepts, teaches key techniques, defines essential terminology, and reviews kitchen safety
- More than 75 scrumptious recipes that range from easy recipes for beginners (Level 1) to more challenging treats (Levels 2 and 3)
- Recipe suggestions based on occasions such as a bake sales, study sessions, pep rallies, or birthday parties
Baking is a tradition worth passing on. The Baking Cookbook for Teens includes everything the young baker in your life needs to find their own joy in baking and enjoy the delicious results of their heartfelt work.
Filled with 250 foolproof recipes of every variety, this comprehensive cookbook is packed with delicious baking ideas. Tempting muffins, scones, and breads are included along with Marry Berry’s famous cake recipes, including Victoria Sponge, Very Best Chocolate Cake, and Hazelnut Meringue Cake. Full-color photographs and illustrations that detail trickier steps are accompanied by easy-to-follow instructions and handy tips, making this an ideal resource for kitchen novices and more experienced cooks alike.
Now back in stock! A delightfully vintage-feel baking cookbook with everything a new baker needs, including explanations of essential ingredients and equipment, basic techniques and recipes, plus key culinary terms and handy conversions, followed by over 90 easy-to-follow recipes accompanied by mouthwatering photography. From millionaire’s shortbread and delectable cupcakes to savoury delights such as pasties and quiches, all kinds of baking are covered.
Want to make your own soft pretzels? Or wow your friends with homemade empanadas? What about creating a showstopping pie? Maybe some chewy brownies after school? From breakfast to breads, from cookies to cakes (yes, even cupcakes!), learn to bake it all here. You can do this, and it’s fun!
- Recipes were thoroughly tested by more than 5,000 kids to get them just right for cooks of all skill levels―including recipes for breakfast, breads, pizzas, cookies, cupcakes, and more
- Step-by-step photos of tips and techniques will help young chefs feel like pros in their own kitchen
- Testimonials (and even some product reviews!) from kid test cooks who worked alongside America’s Test Kitchen test cooks will encourage young chefs that they truly are learning the best recipes from the best cooks.
From total scratch to your very first batch, this bread cookbook includes:
- Knead to know―Discover the science behind the bread making process, popular techniques, and the tools needed to bake a fluffy, flavorful loaf.
- Stepping scones―Progress from a beginner’s, easy-to-master recipe into dozens of sweet and savory breads.
- From ‘doh’ to dough―Troubleshoot bread-specific issues with FAQs that address everything from burnt brioche to deflated baguettes.
In Beginner’s Baking Bible, you’ll find:
- 130+ tasty recipes—Learn to bake a wide range of recipes like Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, Bacon and Swiss Quiche, Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits, Red Velvet Layer Cake, and more.
- Start from scratch—Learn the simple baking techniques you’ll need to make every recipe, like melting chocolate and cutting butter into flour.
- Tips and tricks—Helpful tips guide you with easy preparation, ingredient substitutions, and troubleshooting when your bake is in danger.
Easily bake everything from crisp oatmeal cookies to crusty French bread with Beginner’s Baking Bible—no magic required.