The lo bak go is a surprisingly delicious dim sum dish, considering it’s mainly just radish and rice flour batter. The real secret is the aroma from Chinese ham mixed inside (tastes like bacon!) and the sizzling slightly smoky aroma from the grill with a slight crunch on the outside
Recipe by omnivorescookbook
- 6 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp
- 2 lbs daikon radish
- 4.5 oz Chinese sausages , diced
- 4 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 cup rice flour
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- Chopped green onions (Optional)
- Sriracha , or other hot sauce (Optional)
- Rinse the shiitake mushrooms and dried shrimp separately with tap water and gently rub them to remove any dirt.
- Place each ingredient into a different bowl.
- Add hot water to cover.
- Soak for 15 minutes, or until the ingredients turn soft.
- Drain and dice into small pieces.
- Peel the daikon radish and grate it into thin strips.
For Full directions: