- Soak the red beans in water overnight & keep in freezer for 4 hours
- Get ready a pot, add in pandan leafs, and add water which covers 1 inch above the red bean and start boiling until it soften
- Drain the beans, and keep the red bean water for later stage
- Insert the beans into the blender, blend it (do not over blend if you want to keep some beans in shape, if you want the super smooth texture, blend it longer). If the beans are too dry during blending process, add 2 tbsp of red bean water to smooth the process.
- Add the bean paste, sugar (choose your favorite sugar), Oil (eg vegetable oil/ corn oil) into the bread maker.
- Start the process with “JAM” button.
- Let the bread maker operates, and if you are doing it the first time, you can monitor the paste from time to time, as every each bread maker has different heat and circulation. I am using Hamilton Beach Bread Maker, it is relatively fast, basically the JAM function takes around 1H 20 Min, but for me i just need 1/2 circle of it , which is about 30-40 minutes to make the bean dried into paste. I personally use this bread machine for best result.
Easy Way Home Made Smooth Red Bean Paste 面包机简易红豆沙
Dried red bean * 250g Brown Sugar/ White Sugar * 90g Red bean water * 3 tbsp (the balance water after boiling red bean) Butter * 30g (can replace with olive oil) Pandan Leafs * 4 stalks Steps: