Hi~~ i am back again, recently i start really simple cooking without much new recipes because i have to cook for 2 sessions everyday. Hubby used to eat overnight food, but i do not like this idea, so i decided to prepare him the lunch box every morning before he goes to work. So, with limited time in the morning, i have only about 15-20 minutes for the entire session. Most of the time i make it just so simple, eg stir fry vegetables, fried eggs, just to fulfill the basic nutrients for the day. That’s nothing much i can blog about it.
Last night, i decided to make noodles instead of preparing regular rice and dishes. Since i have seafood and some mixture of fish balls in the freezer, here i get the inspiration that i should make something between seafood and noodle. Udon, is the popular type of noodle for Japanese cuisine with the smooth and chewy textures. But i am not going to make those traditional Ramen with udon, Yencooking always come up with fusion style, haha!
Udon * 2 packs
Shrimps * 7-8 pcs (cut into cubes) ** Marinate with some salt/ black pepper & coating with frying powder
Frozen Fish balls * 7-8 pcs (cut into cubes)
Nai pa * half bowl (cut into slices)
Carrots * 1/4 bowl (cut into slices)
Garlic * 2 cloves (chop finely)
Oyster Sauce * 3 tbsp
Light soy sauce * 2 tbsp (i used reduce sodium)
Dark soy sauce * 1 1/2 tbsp
black pepper * to taste (i like to have more kick, so i add quite a lot on that)
Sesame Oil * 1 tsp
Water * 4 tbsp
How to cook:
- First, boil the udon become soft in a pot with water. Add some cooking oil into it to prevent it become sticky. Drain it and set aside for next step.
- Heat the wok with cooking oil, stir fry the marinated shrimps until 90% cook. and then set aside.
- Mix all the seasoning into a bowl and prepare for next step.
- Heat up the wok, add in cooking oil and garlic, stir fry until fragrance. Then add in the carrot and Nai pa slices, stir fry evenly until soften.
- Add in the udon, mix well with the ingredients in #4.
- Add in the seasoning ingredients #3, stir well with all the other ingredients.
- Add in the fish balls and shrimps at the end.
- Ready to serve and i had sprinkle some Japanese seaweed seasoning on top to make it yummier! Also, to add the green scallion if you like it!