During COVID-19, everybody self-quarantine at home, the flour was sold out in the market. Since we are craving for some waffle, I have to play magic a little to bake some flourless waffles!
With some leftover taro and green onion, I decided to start making this Flourless Savory Taro Green Onion Waffle by using the Mini Dash Waffle Maker that I grabbed during black Friday.
Flourless Savory Taro Green Onion Waffle
Taro – 150g (shredded and squeezed out all the excess water)
Eggs – 3 pcs
Green Onion – 30g
White sesame – 10g
Pink salt – to taste
Black pepper – to taste
- Shredded the taro into thin slices, it will be watery. (remember to squeeze out all the excess water). This step is to prevent the waffle become mushy.
- Mixed 3 eggs into the shredded taro.
- Add green onion, white sesame, pink salt, black pepper into the batter.
- Use Mini Dash Waffle to bake. It only takes 2 minutes to complete the entire process.
- These waffles are used as a burger bun when you are running out of flour at home!