We love bitter gourd. This is fresh from our In-Law family garden and we took half for the soup and another half for this dish.
Bitter gourd believed can lower down body heat and cooling the system especially during summer. It is also help detox the body toxic and refresh the immune system too.
Yeah, most of the people out there do not like its bitter taste, however, in my recipe, there’s not bitter but it is just too yummy!
Bitter gourd * 200g
Chicken breast * 150g
Carrot * for decoration
Goji Berry * for decoration
Salted bean (Tau-chu) * 1 tbsp
Black Pepper * 1/8 tsp
Light soy sauce * 1/4 tsp
Sesame Oil * 1/8 tsp
Water * 3-4 tbsp
How to cook:
- Cut the chicken into cubes and marinated with light soy sauce for 3 hours
- Heat up the wok with garlic oil + garlic flakes, add in the salted bean paste & carrot stir fry until fragrance
- Add in the chicken cubes and stir fry until 70% cooked.
- Add in bitter gourd continue to mix with the chicken and stir fry it.
- Add in the black pepper and water start to braise the bitter gourd and chicken. Cover it with a lid.
- Add in the water and let it boiled for about 3-4 minutes until the bitter gourd is soft and chicken is well cook.
- Ready to serve and drip the sesame oil on top.
- Decorate with some goji berries.
What is Salted bean paste?