Hello!! i am back after a while, as i have started on the working schedule, i have less time to keep up the posting, please forgive me on this. We found this nice bitter melon for our grocery last week, instead of making the soup, i have decided to make it into different taste. In Malaysia there are many Yong Tau Foo food shop that stuffed the mince pork into the vegetable such as lady fingers, chilies, egg plant and tofu, of course bitter melon is one of the best option. So it is very simple, take me 30 minutes to get it done, interested to try? just follow me!
Mince pork * 200g
Bitter Melon * 1 pc (cut like a ring)
Garlic * 1 clove (shredded)
Carrot * 10g (shredded)
For marinated the mince pork
light Soy Sauce * 2 tbsp
Corn starch * 1 tsp
Black Pepper * to taste
mix it together with carrot and garlic
For the sauce:
Oyster sauce * 1 tbsp
Light Soy Sauce * 1 tsp
Mirin * 1 tsp
Brown Sugar * 1/2 tsp
Corn Starch * 1 tsp
Water * 5 tbsp
- Marinated the pork for 3-4 hours
- Stuffed the pork into the bitter melon (remember to remove the seeds from the melon)
- Add little oil into the wok and pan fry the bitter melon that stuffed with pork.
- Until the both side has little brownish color and set aside
- Add some oil and the sauce in the pan, start boiling.
- Add in the bitter melon into the sauce, simmer until it is soft. Cover with lid
- Turn to the other side and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Ready to serve!