Summer is here! I have to make my meals even lighter and fresh in taste to boost up our appetite due to the hot weather! Lemon and vinegar is always the best friends during this season. However, never forget about the melon and squash too, they are just so juicy and refreshing to cool down your body heat. Since Zucchini is in season, i have made this both color zucchini into a dish for our dinner.
Yellow zucchini * 2 pcs (medium shape)
Green cucumber * 1 pc (big shape)
Dried Silver Anchovies * 10g (toasted to crunch)
ginger * 2-3g (slices)
Chili * 2 pc
Black Pepper * little bit
Light soy sauce * 1 tsp
Corn Starch * 1 tsp
Water * 1/2 cup & 1 tbsp
How to cook:
- Heat the wok with oil and add in the chili and ginger.
- Add in the zucchini and cucumber stir fry and mix well with the spices.
- Add the black pepper and light soy sauce and water simmer to soften the zucchini
- Dissolved the corn starch with 1 tbsp water and mix into the ingredients to thicken the gravy
- Sprinkle the Dried Silver Anchovies on top and ready to serve!
Photos of the ingredients as shown below:
Dried Silver Anchovies