Let’s have some fun in the summer. Again i love using the cast iron to do indoor grill at my tiny kitchen
In Asia, we usually use chicken or beef to do Satay, but i would like to go for a healthier version by using turkey breast as the main ingredients.
I got the lemongrass from the backyard of the house and trimmed it into the perfect size to fit the cast iron for later grilling.
Turkey breast – 2 pieces (use the meat tenderizer to tenderize the breast)
Lemongrass sticks – 8 to 10 pcs
Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 2 tbsp
Curry powder – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 1/2 tbsp (diced it)
Ginger 1/2 tbsp (diced it)
Honey – 9 gram
Light soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tbsp
- Use the meat tenderizer to tenderize the turkey breast
- Slices the turkey breast into a long slice for easier wrapping
- Marinate the turkey breast slices in the marinated sauce for 4 to 5 hours
- Start wrapping the turkey slices onto the lemongrass to become a skewer
- Keep the skewers in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cooking
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 minutes and bake at 400F for 20 minutes. This is to makesure the skewers stay in shape
- Remove the skewers from the oven
- Heat up the cast iron with coconut oil
- Place the skewers in the cast iron continue to grill it until the grill marks shown
- Ready to eat!
- The turkey skewers can be eaten with other sauce such as Thai Chili Sweet Sauce and Thai Peanut sauce