We love fried vermicelli, again, this become our dinner for tonight. Fried vermicelli also can be named as fried beehoon, fried bihun, or fried may fun, depends the dialects or areas that served it. This is popular among South East Asia, especially on the street or at hawker center.
Tonight, we are going to do Singapore style, which is including the ingredients such as onion slice, bean sprouts and chicken. For the seasoning, curry powder is the essential ingredient for Singapore fried vermicelli. To make it taste better, it is suggestible to use the curry powder from South East Asia. It will have the better punch and kick compare to those curry powder from other countries.
Singapore Style Curry Fried Vermicelli with Chicken
Ingredients: (serve 2-3 pax)
Vermicelli – 1/3 of the bag (soak in warm water for 15 mins)
chicken breast – 2 pcs (cut into thin slices) – Marinated with black pepper and salt for 30 mins
bean sprouts – 300g
purple onion – 1 pcs (slice it)
fresh lime – 1 pc (just the juice) / 1 pc (cut half for decoration)
fresh parsley – decorations only
Garlic – 1/2 tbsp (dice)
coconut oil – 3 tbsp
Baba’s Curry powder – 2 & 1/2 tbsp
light soy sauce – 2 tbsp
black pepper – 1/2 tbsp
fish sauce – 1/2 tbsp
Chili oil – 1/2 tbsp
How to make Singapore Style Curry Fried Vermicelli with Chicken
- heat up the cast iron with coconut oil
- Add in the garlic, stir fry until fragrance
- Add in the chicken slices, stir fry with high heat until the meat turning white
- Add in 3/4 portion of the purple onion to mix well with the chicken.
- Add in the vermicelli, and all the seasonings, stir fry till even
- Add in the bean sprouts, a very quick stir fry just to mix well with all the ingredients, get it done in 30 seconds
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle some parsley on top
- Add in the lime juice before serving, trust me, it is really good.
- Bon appetit!