It was a shopping weekend at Costco, the Key West Pinky Shrimps were on sale! ta-da~ it is a must to grab as we both love shrimps! So i have prepared a combination of Thai and Western Ingredients to make the dish. Shrimps are from the West but the Sauces are from the East!
Key West Pink Shrimps * 8-10 pcs (peel off the shell and just left the tail)
Thai Basil * 1/2 cups
Ginger paste * 2 tbsp
Garlic paste * 2 tbsp
Chili Boh * 1 tbsp
Dried Chili Flakes * 1 tbsp
Coconut Milk * 300 ml
Salt * To taste
Fish Sauce * 1/2 tbsp
Straw Mushroom * 10-12 pcs (cut to half)
Carrot * 1/2 cups (cut to cubes)
Water * 1 cup
Coconut oil * 2 tbsp
How to cook:
- Cleanse the shrimps and peel off the shells.
- Heat the pot with vegetable oil and add in the garlic and ginger paste and dried chili flakes. Stir fry until fragrance, about 1 minute
- Add in the carrot
- Add in the coconut milk and water continue to boil it
- Add in the mushroom
- Add in the Chili boh let it boil for 5 minutes
- Add in the Key West Shrimps to cook for 2 minutes then turn off the fire.
- Add in the Thai Basil and cover the pot with lid
- Add in the salt and fish sauce accordingly
- Ready to Serve!
More recipe ideas from Cooking E-Books